Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act - 29 U.S.C. § 798
SECTION 508 - ELECTRONIC AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
(a) Requirements for Federal Departments and Agencies:
- (A) Development, procurement, maintenance, or use of electronic and information technology: When developing, procuring, maintaining, or using electronic and information technology, each Federal department or agency, including the United States Postal Service, shall ensure, unless an undue burden would be imposed on the department or agency, that the electronic and information technology allows, regardless of the type of medium of the technology—
- (i) individuals with disabilities who are Federal employees to have access to and use of information and data that is comparable to the access to and use of the information and data by Federal employees who are not individuals with disabilities; and
- (ii) individuals with disabilities who are members of the public seeking information or services from a Federal department or agency to have access to and use of information and data that is comparable to the access to and use of the information and data by such members of the public who are not individuals with disabilities.
- (B) Alternative means efforts: When development, procurement, maintenance, or use of electronic and information technology that meets the standards published by the Access Board under paragraph (2) would impose an undue burden, the Federal department or agency shall provide individuals with disabilities covered by paragraph (1) with the information and data involved by an alternative means of access that allows the individual to use the information and data.
- We strive to provide accessible content when possible, but if the content of our website inerferes with your ability to process its information, please contact Accessibility@bayskids.org and requests meeting transcrips, enlarged printed material or suggest us any method we can assist you.